Xavier University School of Medicine is committed to making a quality medical education affordable for every student. Student Loans, scholarships, and payment plan options are available to students and parents to assist in meeting educational expenses.
Financial Aid for U.S. Students
EdMed Loan Program – SouthEast Bank
To be eligible for this program, the applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident. Current or new students must be enrolled in the MD program (Basic Science or Clinical Science). Current students must be in good academic and financial standing with XUSOM in order to be considered eligible. New students must have a letter of acceptance from XUSOM as well as a fully-paid seat deposit.
– Loan Amounts up to $60,000 per year
– Students can borrow up to the full cost of attendance including tuition, living expenses, and other educational expenses
– Students can defer interest payments while in school as well as for up to 48 months of a residency
– Repayment begins 6 months after graduation
– Up to 20 year repayment term with no prepayment penalties
For more information and how to apply please contact your admissions representative or firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous military service entitles students to acess their GI Bill benefits. The amount received will be categorized as “full time.”
Each individual must submit an application for education benefits to the VA so they may determine eligibility to receive these benefits. The application forms can be downloaded from their website at: www.benefits.va.gov/gibill