STUDENT LOAN PROGRAMS
For US Students
Student Loan Program Available to New & Transfer Students.
This Student Loan Program is offered by Richland State Bank of South Dakota:
Eligible Potential Caribbean Medical School Students:
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident
- New or Transfer – MD (Basic Sciences) or BSN (Nursing) only
- Minimum Loan: $1,000 per semester
- Maximum Loan: $4,500 per semester for New MD1 students, New Transfer students, and Canadian MD1 New or Transfer students with a US cosigner (as certified by the school)
- Maximum loan: $2,500 per semester for Nursing students (as certified by the school)
- $35,000 aggregate maximum borrowing limit
- Maximum loan term: Seven (7) years. Full repayment (principal and interest) begins 12 months from the time that all academic requirements are fulfilled and diploma conferred (Graduation date as certified by the school).
- Borrower must be a full-time, currently enrolled student of Xavier University School of Medicine.
To apply to this student loan program, for attending our Caribbean medical school please go to:
Richland State Bank
Tel: 877-444-0300 (Toll Free)
Tel: 605-323-2940 (Direct)
For more information on this loan program, please contact the Accounting Department.
Student loans and scholarships are the most common way to achieve financial aid, although a few individuals will qualify for grants.
Here are a couple of the grants that are currently available for our Pre-Med, MD, Nursing, Clinical Science, and ESL programs.
Previous military service entitles students to access their GI Bill benefits. The amount received will be categorized as “full time”.
Each individual must submit an application for Education benefits to VA so that they may determine eligibility to receive Education benefits. The application forms may be downloaded from their website at: www.gibill.va.gov.