Congratulations to the class of 2016!
Graduation will be held at the Long Island University- Hillwood Commons Cinema on May 21st, 2016 from 5 PM till 7 PM. Long Island University- Hillwood Commons Cinema is located at:
720 Northern Boulevard Brookville, NY 11548
Both the Academic Affairs and Clinical Science Department would like to inform you about Graduation Requirements for 2016.
You must have completed the following:
- All Core Rotations must be completed by April 15th, 2016 (48 weeks).
- All XUSOM, Caribbean medical school students entering the study of medicine after May 2010, successful completion of USMLE Step I is required for graduation. For those entering after May 2011, successful completion of both Step I and Step II (CK & CS) are required.
- You must be financially cleared by the Bursar Department by March 20th, 2016.
- Your Clinical Student File must be complete.
Please remember to file for the ceremony by doing the following:
- Click on Student Life –> Log into the Student Management System –> Graduation/Diploma Request
- Please check with the registrar that this request is received by e-mailing the department (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- There is a $600.00 graduation fee which must be paid by March 20th, 2016 along with all outstanding balances.
The Xavier, Caribbean medical school, graduation fee includes ceremony, all post-graduate paperwork and two tickets for the reception that evening. Any additional tickets require an additional $50.00 per ticket and must be purchased before March 20th, 2016. There is no limit to how many family members may attend the commencement ceremony.
Xavier University graduation regalia are provided by Jostens. Students are responsible for purchasing their own regalia. Students may purchase tam, gown, hood and tassels on the Jostens website. Jostens’ orders take approximately seven (7) weeks to process; therefore students must order online regalia before March 25, 2016 to avoid express delivery charges.
Please access Jostens website by clicking on: Jostens College Home
Honors designations will be made on March 1, 2016. Honors students will be informed on March 1, 2016. Students not earning the designation should not purchase cords.
Important to note: Honor’s Cords are only to be worn by honors students. Students with incorrect regalia will not be permitted to participate.